Sun, Oct 1
SUR LA TABLE – FLOOR LEAD POSITION
Mar 2 | Sur La table
Do you love all things cooking? Are you interested in sharing that passion with others? If so, the Retail Sales Floor Lead position at Sur La Table could be the perfect opportunity for you. This role contributes to our store’s success—and inspires our customers—through product expertise, customer service, leadership, and retail sales. Our ideal candidate is a cooking enthusiast and retail professional looking to grow in their career and leadership skills. The Floor Lead reports to either the General Manager or Store Manager. Hours vary by week.
About the Job: What You’ll Do
• Provide outstanding customer service at all times – create an experience that people will love
• Work as part of a high-performing team to achieve individual and store sales goals
• Become a product expert (we’ll help!); provide hands-on demonstrations
• Follow all Sur La Table policies and procedures
• Lead and model customer service and selling behaviors
• Complete opening/closing responsibilities and assigned daily operational tasks
• Process POS/register transactions, including sales, returns, and price checks
• Additional duties as assigned by Manager on Duty (MOD)
Qualifications: What You’ll Need
• 1 year of retail sales and supervisory experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to lift and move merchandise up to 35lbs
• Ability to climb and descend a ladder to retrieve or move merchandise
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time (3+ hours)
• A flexible schedule, including daytime, nights, and weekend availability
• Ability to operate a computer, POS/register system, keyboards, and scanners
• Regular and predictable attendance
• May require Food Handlers and/or Food Manager Certification
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Cooking-obsessed environment like no other retail job out there!
• Generous employee discount on product and cooking classes
• Great co-workers
• 401K + other benefits
Sur La Table Core Competencies: Our Shared Approach
• Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
• Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
• Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom and decisive action.
• Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
• Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
This job description represents a job summary, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Sur La Table has the exclusive right to alter this job description without notice.
Sur La Table is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, religion, disability,